Thursday, July 28, 2011

Lost Motiviation Found

I haven't blogged in a really long time, I mean a REALLY long time.  Lots has happened in my life since the last time I posted anything.  Some of you (if there is indeed anyone who still pops over here) are facebook friends of mine so you have a general idea about what's going on in my world.  Lately though I've been kind of neglecting facebook too.  Here's a rundown:

-  Conditions at my brother's company in GA were less than ideal.  The company is struggling and I rarely got paid on time, and I never got paid what I was supposed to get paid.  I'm all for helping the family out, but I have bills to pay.  As of right now I am owed a little over $10,000 in back pay.  Also, my brother lives beyond his means and has a newly remodeled kitchen, nice vehicles, is building a new shop/playhouse in his backyard, etc....it was hard to not feel unimportant and unappreciated.

-  I originally moved from TX to GA to help out my brother with said company and with my nephews.  I can't tell you all enough how much I enjoyed getting to know the munchkins!  Those are two of the most adorable, amazing little guys.  That being said, my brother had a tendency to not EVER want to, as he said, "babysit"....so I sort of became built in babysitter.  I have problems with this.  Ok, parents out there, is it really considered babysitting if they are YOUR children?  I love my little brother dearly but after living in GA for awhile I came to the conclusion that he is a selfish ass.

-  I got a new puppy!  She is the cutest, sweetest, smartest, best dog EVER.  She was originally my sister in law's mom's dog, but she couldn't keep her....so I adopted her.  Without further ado, here is Nikita the Wonder Dog:


Isn't she gorgeous!  Look at those blue eyes!  Gah, love love love her!!!!!


-  Back in June I got really fed up with my life in general and decided I really needed a vacation.  My dear friend Markus (aka Munky) in Denver, convinced me that a trip to CO would be ideal.  I agreed.  I flew out to Denver and spent a week hanging out with some old friends (I lived in Denver from 2005-2008), and had an absolute blast!  Munky began devising a plan to move me back to Denver....it was difficult not to consider it.

-  Upon my arrival back in GA my brother asked me if I was moving to CO....he is very perceptive about some things.  I was honest with him and told him I was considering it.  On July 12th I got into a very heated argument with my cousin/co-worker.  I was told that I was going to Hell for being gay.  I was told that I was sick.  I was told that straight white men are oppressed by women, gays, and minorities.  That evening I decided that I did not belong in a small town in GA.  I called Munky and we began planning my move.

-  On the morning of July 18th Nikita and I started a roughly 1,500 mile journey from GA to CO.  We arrived in Denver on July 19th at around 2:00 pm....yeah, we were balls to the wall on our trip.  We are both happier here.  Nikita is loving the cooler weather, and she has a new playmate (Munky's dog, Morgan).  I am thrilled to be in a more open-minded city, around old friends, and to be on a new adventure.  Now I must find a job!


 I am going to try (again) to actually maintain my blog on a regular basis.  Munky and I also have a plan for video blog in the works.  He is a graduate from the Art Institute and has a film degree....so we feel we should put that to some use.  More on that later.

I hope everyone is well, I have missed this corner of my world!

*ducky hugs*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! im so glad youre back.


and no, it isnt babysitting when they are your own kids. its called parenting. BIG difference.

im sorry it didnt work out at your brothers business. its great to want to help out family, but at some point you have to take care of yourself. good for you for seeing it was time to do that.

love your dog and im so glad youre back in blog land. i had almost given up on you ever coming back. :)

much love to you! :)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Yippee you're back!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got back from lunch and saw you on my google reader - I couldn't get here fast enough.

Not of fan of southern mentallity "hospitality" for the exact reasons you state. I want to and like living in an area with a varity of people with open minds. That makes it a good place to raise children too so fear doesn't become bigotry.

Nikita is GORGEOUS!!!
Nothing like dog love.

Welcome Home!

R.H. Ducky said...

Tammie & Peggy ~ oh how I have missed you ladies! I really need to get over to your blogs soon and catch up on what's going on with the two of you. Thanks for the warm welcome back! Love ya both!