Monday, March 29, 2010

HEEEEEY YOOOOOOOU GUYYYYYYYYYYS

Ok, so my title has nothing to do with my actual blog post....but I did watch The Goonies this weekend.  Wow, 20 whole days since my last post...lots and lots has happened.  Some of it I don't recall, I thank my sister in law and our best friend alcohol for that.  But here's what I do know:

  • I still haven't completely unpacked...and I've been here over a month.  Pretty awesome huh?  I really love digging through boxes to find my stuff.  It makes my daily life a bit more challenging...and who doesn't like a good challenge?

  • Not being unpacked is a really good thing right now because I'm moving again.  Not a crazy move this time...we're getting a house at the lake.

  • I killed my beloved BlackBerry.  Not intentionally, but it is officially dead.  I have to say it put up a hell of a fight.  RIP dear phone,  miss you...my new BlackBerry sucks.  My brother is trying to convince me to get an iPhone.  I'm actually considering it...which I never thought I would do.

  • Getting a house at the lake is going to be completely fucking ridiculously amazing.

  • Last Thursday my brother and I ditched work and went to the lake to see if we could find the house from the water.  We did.  It was the first time I had seen it...and I'm in love.  Also, while we were on the lake Mother Nature remembered that she hates me, so there was a torrential downpour and it got really freakin' cold.  We had to take cover under a bridge.  But at least I didn't catch pneumonia.  Take that Mother Whore Nature.

  • My brother's daughter spent the weekend with us.  We had some arts & crafts/cooking time and produced some pretty kickass Easter stuff.  I have the best nieces and nephews on the planet.  If I were a better aunt I would probably have pics to post....but at least they are on Facebook.


6 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

lake living is the best! Big lake?

Glad to see you're back. and yes I called this weekend but only got vm. You were probably getting rained on by Mother Nature.

R.H. Ducky said...

yeah, i can't wait! lake lanier...692 miles of shoreline.

glad to be back. honestly i didn't realize it had been that long since i posted anything. i got my new phone about 20 minutes after you left me that message...lol

Anonymous said...

im glad youre back too. i cant wait to see pics of the lake.

i need to send you my phone number.

RIP old blackberry.

R.H. Ducky said...

tammie ~ thank you! it's good to be missed :D

i'm sure there will be plenty of pics taken at the lake. we're going to try to be completely moved in tomorrow. i'll snap a few shots and get them posted.

and yes, you do need to send me your number. just text me on my new craptastic blackberry.

I Wonder Wye said...

Got Excy an I phone for Christmas and it's ridiculous how much he loves it -- seems to happen with everyone who gets one. In the meantime, I don't carry a cell phone (just in the car for emergencies) -- people say it drives them crazy but I hate talking on the phone and don't want to be umbilically attached...a lake house sounds awesome...

R.H. Ducky said...

i am emotionally attached to my phone...which i am sure isn't healthy. funny thing is, i don't really like to talk on the phone either. i do send a ridiculous amount of text messages, and i am constantly on facebook though. i should probably work on sitting the phone down and trying not to be so reliant on it.
and yes, the lake house is absolutely amazing!