Monday, March 8, 2010

Poptart Monkeys and Jager Bombs

All I can say about Saturday night is, "wow did that really happen?".  Five of us loaded up and went to Atlanta to go out.  First stop was Andretti's, because the guys wanted to race the go karts.  While at Andretti's I lost my ID.  I discovered this when I ordered a drink and got carded.  It was in my back pocket, so there is really no telling where it fell out it.  We searched the car, the restroom, the smoking area outside, checked with the office to see if it was turned in...and no luck.  After leaving Andretti's we went to this steak house to eat.  Sandy, my lovely sister in law, got the brilliant idea to order margaritas.  I ordered water.  Nick, our designated driver, chugged my water for me so that Sandy could pour the margarita in my water glass.  Sneaky sneaky.  Our next mission was to somehow get me in a bar or club.  I am 32 years old....and we're sneaking me alcohol and into bars...I felt like a teenager again.  My brother knows the lovely gentleman that owns a bar called Peachtree Tavern (imagine that), so we were able to get in there.  After several Jager and Redbulls a band started playing.  They were called the Poptart Monkeys...and I was either really drunk, or they were really good because I really enjoyed the show.  Sandy managed to get pulled onto the stage to dance with the guitar player....and Jamie and I were not prepared with the cameras.  I also met a really cute girl and we exchanged phone numbers.  I have her in my phone as "hot girl", because I couldn't hear her name over the band.  So now I'm not sure I'm going to call her.  Oh well.
On the way home my brother cooked up a plan to have a friend of his pull us over.  The guys were sitting up front plotting, and us girls were in the back clueless.  When we saw the blue lights, we freaked out.  I'm not sure why we freaked out...I mean we had a sober designated driver.  As far as I know there is no law about being a drunken passenger in Georgia...but it's still scary to get pulled over no matter what.
By the time we got back home it was like 5am....so we decided it would be a GREAT idea to go wake up our friend Al.  Surprisingly enough he wasn't mad...he was amused.  He didn't even get mad when Sandy and Bradley were goofing around and knocked a picture off the wall and broke it.  He offered to make us all some breakfast....but we decided it was probably time to go home and crawl into bed.  I layed in bed and slept/watched movies until like 3 in the afternoon.  Nick and Jamie came over last night and we all laughed and made fun of each other for all the stupid shit we had done the night before. 
Today it's back to behaving, working, and attempting to act like an adult.  Wish me luck...I seem to have issues in that department.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha "hot girl"

atlanta is such a great city. jay and ive been there a few times on vacation and just love it. there is always something to do. i really felt comfortable there.

R.H. Ducky said...

i KNOW, i'm horrible! my brother told me to block my number and call her and hope that she says her name on her voicemail. lol

and yes, atlanta does seem like it's going to be a fun city to hang out in :)

Anonymous said...

thats an idea. who knows, she may be "the one." i mean, if you're looking for "the one."

:)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

You know you can *67 and then dial the number and it comes across as anyonomous or how ever the hell you spell it.

Just a handy dandy little trick i learned and use from time to time.
Signed.
Sneaky

R.H. Ducky said...

tammie, unfortunately "the one" got away. maybe hot girl will be "the new one" *shrugs*

yeah peggy, umm i mean sneaky, that's what my brother is trying to get me to do.

Nishant said...

atlanta does seem like it's going to be a fun city to hang out in :)
data entry work from home