Tuesday, May 18, 2010

It Makes Me Smile

I have one piece of jewelry that I never remove.  Ever.  It's this necklace....a Celtic Union pendant.  According to the nifty little paper that came with it, it symbolizes two individuals that overcome all obstacles to find each other.  I purchased two of these necklaces two years ago.  For those of you who have been paying attention that directly coincides with the time that Brooke and I first got back together.  Jen has long since threw Brooke's necklace away...but for some reason I can't bear to take mine off.  Seriously, it's been off for probably a total of two days since I got it...and that was due to my niece breaking the chain.  As I sit here typing, I'm trying to figure out if I'm being optimistic....or pathetic.  But either way the necklace makes me smile.  It reminds me of a happy time in my life.  And if that little paper was correct, just maybe, one day all of these crazy obstacles will be behind me us.  So for now I am going to continue to wear this pendant close to my heart and hope like hell that it's love, faith, and optimism rather than stupidity that's driving me.

4 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I like this necklace. Whether it represented anything or not it's a pretty necklace.

R.H. Ducky said...

peggy: yeah, i think it's pretty too. it caught my eye at the store, which is why i even read the little tag with the meaning on it...i liked it before i ever knew what it represented.

Anonymous said...

i love it and i love what it means to you.

R.H. Ducky said...

tammie: thank you. also, thanks for coming up with good ideas for blog series...and for allowing me to steal them ;)