Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Dream A Little Dream Of Me

I love, love, love (did I mention love?) long weekends.  Thank you Memorial Day for letting me drink myself into a stupor on Monday rather than having to work.  Fun times.  I attempted wakeboarding again, and obviously this is not the sport for me.  I suck on a monumental level...and I am pretty sore and bruised all over.  Awesome.  I'm still trying to convince myself that this is not because I'm getting old...my younger brother is not helping matters though since he now refers to me as "the senior citizen".  He's so precious.

What was not so fun about the weekend?  My poor little nephew, Mason, had to have surgery.  He has MRSA which is basically a really fucking badass staph infection.  They sliced and diced his little leg almost to the bone to get all of the infection out.  I would post a pic, but in all honesty the cut made me gag a little bit, and I really don't want it on my blog for all eternity.  He is back home, resting and recovering.  I feel bad for the little guy...the docs said he doesn't need to walk until at least Thursday, and it's getting hard for the 3 year old to sit still. 

And now I will ramble about basketball for just a moment.  The Atlanta Dream is impressing the hell out of me this year...they are off to a 6-0 start this year.  The Dream are an expansion team that started in 2008...that year they only won 4, that's right 4, games.  Last year they improved to 18-16 which I thought was pretty incredible.  And this year they are the only undefeated team in the WNBA.  That being said the San Antonio Silver Stars and the Seattle Storm are still my favorite teams.  BUT I am glad that I finally live in the general vicinity of a WNBA team, maybe I'll get to catch a game or two this season.  Also, thank you Dream for providing me with my pretend girlfriend of the day....


Shalee Lehning

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw. poor mason. i hope it all clears up soon. ill be thinking of him. and the adults in his life-i imagine its hard keeping a three year old occupied while being still.

R.H. Ducky said...

really all he can do is lay in bed (he can't bend his leg at all) and watch tv or look at books. i think i have OD'd on spiderman and buzz lightyear the past few days.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh poor Mason and his parents. That is tough for everyone.
Baby Benadryl....tee hee

Glad you had such a good weekend though. I no longer even try new sports. I used to be so damn good at stuff and well.....I'm old and fall a lot...tee hee

R.H. Ducky said...

peggy, trust me he's on stronger shit than benadryl. lol

i'm old and fall a lot too. it's kinda depressing