Friday, October 30, 2009

I am going to try to avoid dating bottle rockets in the future

Who's been neglecting their blog?  I have!  I have! 
 
Yeah, so I'm in a really weird mood today.  Feeling kinda goofy...which is good because I've felt quite crappy most of the week.  Wow, I really haven't posted anything since before last weekend. 

I went to Freaker's Ball last Friday...which was amazingly great.  Ok, I won't lie the end of the evening gets pretty fuzzy for me...but still, I had a blast!  Yay for rock music, and yay for alcohol.
Saturday the pull of homecoming and the Duck Dash won over so I drove three and a half hours out of my way to go to those festivities.  Also had a fabulous time there. 
Sunday I had a lunch with an ex of mine.  That was really nice, and kinda sad.  After lunch I got to see my old roommate and some friends that I hadn't seen in forever.  I also was told, "you should stop dating straights, crazies, and bottle rockets".  Yeah, some of my friends smoke pot.  Then I had to start my drive back home...and almost cried.  I really hate driving...I am a much better passenger.

This week has been rather eventful as well...but not in the fun way.  Lately I have felt just completely run down and just blah...I would say this has been going on for like a month.  For the past two weeks I have been getting these random mystery bruises on my legs and feet.  Tuesday I finally talked myself into going to the doctor (I am really terrified of doctors).  My doctor was really cute baffled by my symptoms and ordered all sorts of blood work.  That was a fun adventure because apparently I have tiny veins and it took three nurses and a butterfly needle before they could extract enough blood from me.  This leads me to believe that I am not feeling well because I don't actually have any blood in my body.  The cute chick in the white coat doctor was amused but decided that my self diagnosis was unlikely.  *shrugs* 
The blood work came back yesterday and apparently none, that's right NONE, of my tests are normal.  So now I have to go to a hematologist.  GREAT, just what I wanted, I get to see another doctor.  Blah.

Also yesterday Mother Nature remembered that she hates me so she sent a horrible torrential downpour my way.  It took me three hours to drive the 47 miles from my office to my home...and you have to understand I live in the country, so 47 miles should take roughly 40 minutes and 52 seconds (unless of course you have to slow down to avoid deer, cows, or tractors).  I don't have to contend with traffic jams of the "normal" variety.  I arrive home to a frantic gay husband, who is trying desperately to keep water from flooding the downstairs of our home.  He did a pretty damn good job...I am soooo glad that the new flooring we put down over the summer didn't get ruined.  Our garage was not quite so lucky though.

I did get a nice surprise in the mail on Wednesday, my wonderful cousin (PsychoHoseBeast) sent me a book.  She's the bestest most goodest cousin in the world!  I can't wait to start reading it this weekend.

I am really hoping for a nice, peaceful, restful weekend.  I wish you all a safe and Happy Halloween!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ugh...good luck with the blood work. im intrigued as to whats wrong. i flirt with anemia from time to time and if a few weeks go by and i havent been taking my pills, i start to feel really tired and run down.
feel better soon and i hope you have a nice peaceful weekend with your book.

Anonymous said...

AWWW...you're the bestest goodest cousin, too!!! Love you. Keep me posted on your diagnosis...I'll be thinking about you and sending positive energy.

Glad you made it thru the week. Enjoy the weekend.
Hugs
PsychoHoseBeast

R.H. Ducky said...

Thanks Tammie, the doc thinks I either have a thyroid problem, a liver problem, or I'm severely anemic. I'll let you know what the hematologist says if/when I ever get an appointment. I'm so glad I ran across you on here.


Ames, I will let you know something as soon as I know something. Love you girl! Thanks for always being a bright spot in my life. You're the rockingest PsychoHoseBeast ever ;)

Kim said...

What's the name of the book?

R.H. Ducky said...

The Shack...have you read it?