Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Like a duck to water my ass

This post is long overdue...because I procrastinate and don't download pics from my camera in a timely fashion.  So, I'm rewinding and going to revisit the beginning of September.

Labor Day Weekend for me was spent with family that I haven't seen in way too long.  My younger brother, his wife, and two of their kiddos drove in from Georgia to spend the weekend.  My brother brought his boat with him (only my baby brother would think it was a good idea to haul a boat from Georgia to Texas), his wakeboards, and his "Little Precious" charm.  He convinced me, his "senior citizen" sister, to attempt wakeboarding.  I seriously can't say no him....cute little bastard.  Anyway, he seems to be good at everything he does and wakeboarding is no exception.  I had trouble timing the camera with his tricks, but I did manage to get a picture or two of him showing off...





My sister-in-law, who I was meeting for the first time, was completely awesome!  I had such a great time getting to know her and my nephews.  She is a hairstylist, and she was kind enough to give me a new 'do. As payment she forced me to ride on the tube thingy with her, and much to my delight I did not die.  Unfortunately nobody got a photo of that little adventure.  But here's a pic of my newest sister wakeboarding (she was thrilled I got a pic because this was the first time she had gotten up)...



Next it was my turn to attempt wakeboarding.  I didn't do so well...





I guess you can lead a duck to water, but you can't make it a pro wakeboarder.

No comments: