Thursday, September 10, 2009

I Think I'll Start Watching American Idol Again

So, Paula's out and Ellen's in. Honestly, I'm thrilled, I think Ellen has a lot to bring to the American Idol table. In my opinion she is completely flippin' hilarious...and not in the incoherent batshit crazy way that made Paula funny.




There are a lot of folks out there who feel this is a bad idea. I keep hearing this whining about how she has no musical background and such. Um, neither do I, but they damn sure let me text in my vote every week (or they would if I felt so inclined). I think it'll be refreshing to have someone who isn't in the music industry to have a voice on the show. To paraphrase what Ellen said, "Hopefully, I'm the people's point of view because I'm just like you...I'm not looking at it in a critical way from the producer's mind. I'm looking at it as a person who is going to buy the music and is going to relate to that person.". 

In recent years I have been disappointed with various aspects of Idol, but now I am actually excited for the new season to begin. Best of luck Ellen!



Ducky Out.

No comments: