Wednesday, September 16, 2009

She flipped me off, I fell in love

So, my drive to work is normally long and boring.  Not so this morning.  I was almost to work, almost there when I encountered one of the most beautiful (and angry) women I think I have ever seen in my entire life.  She obviously found me attractive as well because she REALLY wanted to be in my lane.  It's been quite awhile since my high school physics class and some of the details are a bit fuzzy, but I was under the impression that two objects of relatively equal mass just cannot occupy the same exact same space at the same exact time...stupid me.  [Sorry I didn't pay better attention in class Mrs. F]  Since I'm obviously a little dense, subtle hints such as turn signals really help me out.  Granted, with her perfected manicured nails (well the one I saw when she flipped me off was perfected manicured, I assume the rest were as well) the lever for the turn signal is probably pretty perilous.  *sigh* If only I were psychic I would have known her intention, but I have no supernatural abilities and she was obviously disappointed in me.   When she rolled her window down and proceeded to shout (in quite an angelic voice) a stream of obscenities that would make a sailor blush, I knew she was the one.  Her out of state license plate concerned me, could we really make a long distance relationship work?  Thank goodness we were stopped at a traffic light so this endearing moment could stretch on for a few moments more.  She ended her tirade with, "Where's the southern hospitality you redneck Texan bitch?".  Enchanting, but this was the point in which our passionate romance started to fizzle out. 

Sweetheart, I have the ability to charm the pants right off of you, I have southern hospitality flowing out of my ears.  I could twist you around my little finger so fast it would make your head spin.  But southern hospitality doesn't extend so far as to allow you to drive your car into mine without signaling, I'm almost certain of it.  And darlin' you haven't the slightest clue as to what a redneck is.  I do apologize for not letting you over but honestly I didn't see you, as I tried to tell you while you continued to scream epithets and make obscene finger gestures.

Eventhough we broke-up before the light turned green, I still care about you and your well being.  I know you're someone's daughter or sister or cousin, and there has to be someone at home who loves you and wants you to get to and from your travels safely.  Perhaps starting fights in traffic with random strangers isn't the best way to assure your safe passage. Just a thought.

No comments: