Wednesday, January 13, 2010

As Seen On TV

I've talked briefly before about my shopping issues.  The first being that I absolutely hate, with a passion, having to actually go into a store to purchase things.  This brings us to my next issue, online shopping...oh internet, how I love you so.  I would probably also have an "as seen on tv" disorder as well, but I hate talking on the phone about as much as I hate going into stores.

I have seen many things on cheesy ass TV commercials that I felt that I needed though.  Such as:


Seriously, who doesn't want a Big City Slider Station?  I freakin' love tiny burgers!  And is there a White Castle or Krystal Burger near me?  Hell no.  If I want tiny burgers I'm gonna have to make them myself. 


And since I'm such a delicate flower and have sensitive skin, Smooth Away would be absolutely perfect for me!



I don't actually think I need the Hair Coloring Brush...but I want it.  Mostly because I want to find someone crazy enough to try it.  The fact that this chick obviously has on a really horrible wig in the advertisement makes me laugh...and makes me terrified of the product.


That brings us to Bumpits.  Big Happie Hair?  Well, hell yeah...I mean I do live in Texas, I think big happyie hair is a requirement. 

This past weekend I was hanging out with some friends in my hometown and we ended up going to a redneck bar.  Why a redneck bar you ask?  Honestly, there are no other options for bars in my hometown.  We actually had a really good time...the beer was cold, and the people watching is always good for a few laughs.  There was one woman with the biggest happiest hair I've ever seen, courtesy of a Bumpit I'm sure.  This got me to thinking...what if I gathered a group of friends and we all wore Bumpits and went out bar hopping.  I shared this brilliant idea with one of my female friends, her response was "wow, you're really drunk".  And apparently I was, because I had totally forgotten about this plan until today.  *thank you coworker for having really huge hair and reminding me of my plan*  Well, I'm sober now, and I still think it's pretty damned hilarious. 
So of course I googled "Bumpits" a little while ago, and BAM there are so many websites out there totally dedicated to "as seen on tv" items.  This gave me a whole new brilliant idea.  I think I should buy some of these products occasionally and test them out then write a post about them.  Thoughts?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i would totally love to read yor reviews. love it.

that hair coloring brush thing is scary.

and i know for a fact that the smooth away doesnt work. dont ask.

have you seen the cake pan shaped like a giant cupcake? i soooo want that.

R.H. Ducky said...

tammie ~ i think it would be fun, but more importantly it would be justification (sort of) for the purchasing of things that i probably don't really need.

and yes, the hair brush color thing absolutely terrifies me...that thing will never go anywhere near my head.

DAMN...i wanted so badly for smooth away to work. and of course now i'm dying to hear that story.

and YES i want the giant cupcake cake pan too! i have a really hard time justifying that one because i don't eat cake...for that matter i'm pretty sure i've never baked anything in my entire life.

Real Live Lesbian said...

Don't tell anyone....

but I wanna play with a bump-it, too.

And now, I wanna wear one and go bar-bumpit-hopping with you!

So glad to see you again!

BumpitSightings.com said...

Having a Bumpits Pub Crawl is the Ladies Night for the 21st Century. I think it will take off like the Snuggie Pub Crawls did. Check out http://bumpitspubcrawls.com/ and BELIEVE in the Bumpit!

Anonymous said...

I'm in on Bumpit Bar Hopping Night.
xoxo
Cousin It

R.H. Ducky said...

holy crap bumpitsightings.com...we'll have somewhere to send photos after our night of bumpit bar hopping. i LOVE it!

Adam said...

I totally love your reviews..It's the fact!