Friday, January 8, 2010

It's Friday Already?

So far this week I haven't watched any TV...at all.  This is highly unusual.  I think the TV has only been turned on only once this week, and that was last night...Adam was checking the weather.  That is also strange, normally even if we aren't watching any particular program the TV is generally on one of the Sirius music channels or something.  We didn't plan to not watch TV, it just kind of happened.  Is a week without TV on my Day Zero List?  I can't remember...I need to go check.  How great would that be to accomplish a goal without even trying? 

I spent Monday and Tuesday evening chatting with the gay husband, doing laundry, and reading a little...I need to hurry up and get through my current book Over The Holidays (which I won over at Goodreads), so I can start rereading The Lovely Bones for Tammie's book discussion.  Wednesday night we did some measuring so new baseboards can be bought for the glorified closet I live in my bedroom.  In the midst of measuring it became painfully obvious that the new bed that's being delivered on Friday is not going to fit.  This means that Adam's bed will have to be moved to my room, and that lucky bastard will get my bed.  I'm pretty sure the previous measuring mistake was actually a well thought out plan on his part.  Gay men are cunning.  Thursday I pretty much stared at my phone for two hours.  Thank you ESPN for having an app for my BlackBerry.  I would have preferred to watch the Lady Vols game on TV, but at least I got a play-by-play via my phone.

In other news, Adam is back on the quitting smoking bandwagon.  All this really means is that he has stopped purchasing cigarettes.  He still smokes mine.  BUT I have only bought one pack this week.  I think one pack of cigarettes between two people in almost a week's time is pretty damn good.  We've talked about doing the whole electronic cigarette thing.  Anyone know anything about them?

This morning I googled "microsoft courier" ) for about the millionth time since Gizmodo leaked info about it in September) and I got literally thousands of hits on articles telling me that Microsoft did not unveil this gadget at the CES event Wednesday.  I am really disappointed.  And I mean really disappointed.  I wanted one of these so badly :(  Maybe next year. 

I also think I may be slightly addicted to online shopping.  It's just so easy...and there's the added bonus of me not having to mingle with the general public.  Hmm, maybe I'm becoming anti-social. 

On that note, I think now I'm going to go home and shut myself in my bedroom and read.  Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love online shopping. LOVE IT. in fact i love it too much and thats why im in debt. im an online shopping whore.

im having a hard time putting my thoughts about The Lovely Bones into words. i have a lot of mixed feelings and opinions about it. i cant wait for the discussion.

R.H. Ducky said...

i fear that i too am becoming an online shopping whore. i'm pretty sure my bank account cringes each time i log onto the internet.