Monday, January 4, 2010

Playing Ketchup

Umm, I mean catch-up.  It's been a little bit since I posted anything on here, so here's a quick run-down of a few things going on in my world.

I survived another long weekend...barely.  I hope everyone had a safe and happy New Year's Eve.  We had a few friends over and had marathon drinking at the gay frat house home.  We had a blast...stayed up until about 9am Friday morning, then I think I slept until around 5pm that evening.  I really am not 21 anymore...my body definitely does not recover from a night of drinking like it used to.  But hey, it's a whole new year, a whole new decade....that deserves an over-the-top celebration.  At least that's what I'm going to keep telling myself.

Saturday the boys tried to convince me to go into town with them to get paint for my bedroom.  I really didn't feel like shopping (actually I never feel like shopping), so I told them to pick out the paint, because I trust their judgement.  Holy freakin' hell that was a bad idea.  They picked red...and bought some gold paint because they have some plan to paint gold designs on one wall.  This scared me due to the fact that my room is tiny and I was afraid it was going to feel even more claustrophobic.  And I'm more of a neutral color kind of girl.  Needless to say I was a bit leery of the red paint...because honestly when they opened it I thought it very much looked hot pink.  When it went up on the walls it looked hot pink.  After it dried it started looking red though.  We put three damn coats of red paint up before we ran out...and it still needs a few more coats.  I have decided that I hate painting and would much rather just have my plain old boring ass white walls back at this point.  None of us felt like going all the way back into town to get more paint, so for now I have a half-assed painted room....and I'm really not happy with that at all.

Sunday Lifetime had a Kristen Stewart marathon going which does make me happy, so I DVR'ed all of those.  Speak was one of the movies that was on, I was pretty excited because I have never seen that one....and that's one of the books I ordered from Half.com the other day.  Also, the TN Lady Vols had a televised game (which is why I DVR'ed KStew) against Oklahoma.  The game started out a bit bumpy, but my girls prevailed.  A BIG congratulations is in order for Shekinna Stricklen for getting the 2nd triple double in school history...pretty impressive.  What a difference a year makes....my Baby Vols are growing up so fast.

I'm still trying to figure out how exactly to organize my Day Zero Project stuff.  I put up a bookshelf widget thingy on here, from Goodreads, for the book portion....but I have no clue what I'm going to do about the rest of it.  I'm sure inspiration will hit any day now though.  And speaking of the book portion of my list....wtf was I thinking with the historical stuff?  I generally hate those kinds of books....they will most likely be the last ones that get read. I suppose that's why I made this list in the first place though, to do some things that I might not normally do.  If anyone has any suggestions for good books in that genre let me know.

2 comments:

Real Live Lesbian said...

I'm still trying to figure out what a 2nd triple double is.

<----clearly not an athlete

R.H. Ducky said...

lol...well, it's a good think i'm a basketball nerd then.

she was in double digits in the stat sheets in at least three of the five possible categories...she scored 17 points, had 13 rebounds, and 12 assists (blocks and steals also count).
the only previous time that was done by a tennessee player was in 1985.
double-doubles are fairly common, but triple-doubles just don't happen that often...i'm glad i got to see it :)