Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Let's Go To Wally World

(And no, I do not mean Wal-Mart.)

Anyway, today my boss told me that I need to write down what days I want to take vacation in 2010.  Obviously she is not aware that it is still 2009 (barely), and I really haven't planned this weekend much less the whole rest of next year.  Stress.  Basically I pretty much told her that I have absolutely no clue what days I may want off in the coming year...she looked at me strangely and said to just give her an estimate.  Um, ok lady.

I sat and scribbled out a few dates.  I didn't lump them all together, but decided one or two here and there would be better for me.  Call me crazy, but I would freak out if I were away from work for more than a couple of days at a time.  I am insanely unorganized and scattered in my personal life....but I am the polar opposite at work.  It would kill me to even think about what might happen in my absence...holy crap, I am crazy.

So, I took my little list and handed it to her.  As I was walking away she was like, "Where are the rest of the days?".  I was confused.  I wrote down five days.  I've been here a year, I get 40 hrs of vacation time.  That's five days.  Well, apparently the vacation fairies are smiling on me because I was informed that I get 80 hrs of vacation time.  Now, if I could only stop being completely neurotic I could probably take a trip somewhere.


No comments: