Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Couple Of Things That Made Me Happy Today

I got the sweetest text message ever today.  It said, "Thx ~ u have always been the sister i didnt have ~ i so wish we were closer (geographically) xoxoxo".  That made me happier than I've been in a really long time...I'm still smiling.  It's nice to know that some people love and care about you...even if you are a screw up at times ;)   

Someone brought the best ever breakfast tacos to work this morning.  I don't know who brought them, or where they came from...but I loved them.  Food makes me happy...that's probably why I'm a skinny fatass.


I just ordered a copy of The Lovely Bones so I can join in on Tammie's Book Discussion.  I've already read this book once...but it was quite awhile ago.  And I'm pretty sure the brain cells that were storing most of the information on this book were drowned in alcohol a long long time ago.  I'm really looking forward to the book discussion.  I'm always amazed hearing other people's interpretation of books.  I find it so interesting to hear what other people took away from a story.  It fascinates me how you could ask 10 different people about something, and you would likely get 10 unique answers.  And I always find myself thinking, "hmm I never thought of that".  I may not agree with every single observation and opinion, but it's still nice to hear thoughts other than the ones rattling around my brain.


I ordered a few more books while I was at it.  Thank you Half.com for having some pretty kickass books for less than a dollar.  I'm going to ignore the fact that I spent around five dollars on books, and around fifteen on shipping.  It was cheaper than me driving an hour to go to the bookstore and purchase them there.  And, I needed some new books for the upcoming Day Zero Project anyway.  Yeah, yeah I could've went to the library...but this way after I'm finished reading I can pass them along to someone else...and that makes me happy.  And really, what's more important than my happiness?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love book discussions too. i used to belong to a book club but everyone that went was like, 60 years old and they were choosing a lot of novels that i wasnt into.

isnt half.com the best?!?!! thats where i got my copy of The Lovely Bones. $1.00. boo-yah!

R.H. Ducky said...

tammie: i've never belonged to a book club...which is odd since i love to read. so i've been looking forward to the discussion. i just hope i have something worthwhile to contribute.

and i now love half.com....this is the first time i've ever used the site. i normally use amazon, but a friend told me half.com...so far it rocks. my copy of lovely bones was $1.88 i think...but i got several other books for $0.75. YAY!