Friday, December 11, 2009

Is Everyone Really Working For The Weekend?

I know I am.

It's been a rough couple of days...mostly stupid work crap.  I have avoided really writing anything lately because of my resolution to not be bitchy and whiny.  But to sum things up, I feel like my office has turned into Crazytown and I've just been elected Mayor.  Actually no, not the Mayor, more like the Sanitation Department...because I feel as though I've been left to clean up everyone's mistakes.  But at least it's Friday, right?  Bring on the weekend.  Bring on the drinks.  Bring on the 70° highs that are rumored for Sunday.  My Adam has had a pretty craptastic week too, so I'm gonna surprise him this weekend with a few of his favorite meals/snacks.  I'm a good wifey on occasion. 

Here's a list of some of the things that I would like to accomplish this weekend:

 ~ Wash car (I'm totally going to cheat and do the drive-thru thing because it's too effin' cold for me to hand wash the damn thing)

~ Go to Hobby Lobby

~ Go to Merle Norman (I've been wearing the same brand of make-up since I was in high school...I might need to rethink this, it's a bit expensive)

~ Go to the grocery store

~ Go to Lowe's/Home Depot and try to not get overwhelmed by the all the paint colors (I really need to paint my bedroom)

~ Ignore leaves in the yard (because I damn sure am not raking the bastards up)

~ Go to the Post Office and mail Tammie's package


~ Finish Dear John so I can send it to a friend who wants to read it (we saw the preview for the movie when we went to ogle Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner see New Moon and then I happened to run across a copy of the book for $3...we figured it was fate, or somethin')

~ Clean and organize my bedroom (good gravy I am really dreading this one, that's probably a whole weekend project by itself)

~ Laundry (I will never understand how I go through so many clothes in one week.  Seriously, I have got to stick to one outfit per day)

~ Figure out a way to make Adam smile (he's too pretty to be sad)

I'm sure there are about a bazillion other things I need to do, but those things are getting top priority...mostly because they are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.  I just wonder how much of it is going to get accomplished?

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

*cheers* 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have a busy weekend ahead of you. if you make it through half the list then i would say you accomplished something.

and im totally anxious to see what color you choose for your room. i dont love painting all that much but i love color.

R.H. Ducky said...

i got some of the stuff on my list completed. but not nearly enough for me to consider this a successful and productive weekend.

i still haven't figured out what the hell i'm going to do with my bedroom. i'm totally anxious to see what color i choose as well ;)