Friday, December 4, 2009

What Else Do You Have Up Your Sleeve?

Mother Nature and I have a long standing battle going.  You see, I am of the opinion that spring and summer should last waaaay longer than they currently do...and fall and winter should be virtually nonexistent.  Don't get me wrong, I think there should be a tiny bit of fall and winter, just in much reduced increments of time.  It's difficult to be all Thanksgiving-y and Christmas-y if it's 90° outside.  So I get it, really I do...we need some weather variation.
But here's the thing, a few years ago my gypsy spirit (and a hot girl) convinced me that I should move to Denver.  Shortly after this move there was a blizzard.  Not a little snow storm...an actual real live honest to goodness blizzard.  Having grown up in Texas I had never seen a blizzard.  Also I had never driven in a blizzard...let me tell ya, it was not fun.  I drive an SUV, and I honestly thought my vehicle would be good in the snow.  Holy freakin' hell was I wrong.  My car is not some monstrosity, it's on the small side for an SUV, it's fairly light and liked to slide all over the road.  Add to that the fact that it's rear wheel drive and only two wheel drive and you pretty much have a recipe for disaster in the snow.
Next on my list of major complaints...I moved back to Texas in October of last year.  The very same damn day that I got back Hurricane Ike hit.  Now take into consideration that I live very near the Gulf Coast, so needless to say my life was affected.  For about two weeks we lived in a brand new apartment with no electricity, very little food, and no furniture.  I was not amused.
Today Mother Nature decided to throw me yet another curve ball.  It's freaking snowing.  Are you fucking kidding me?  Of course everyone is flipping out, schools are closing, grocery stores are selling out of bread and water, and they are talking about closing our office for the day.  Come on people...it's not even sticking to the ground.  Again, I am not amused.  I don't want to be sent home early, frankly I kinda need the hours and the money.  Not to mention the fact that I drive roughly 100 miles a day to be here, so after we factor in gas and the wear and tear on my vehicle I pretty much should have just stayed in bed this morning. 

So, Mother Nature if you ever give yourself a break from wreaking havoc on my life and take time out to surf the web and read over a few blogs I really hope you happen across mine.  I want you to get this message loud and clear...YOU CAN SUCK IT!

No comments: