Tuesday, December 15, 2009

PROOOOOJECT!

Yep, I just squealed that like a really nelly gay man...and there may have been some jazz hands.


I decided that this year instead of making resolutions I'm going to participate in the Day Zero Project.  Here's a bit of info from the website....




The Challenge:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on your part).

Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple challenges such as New Year's resolutions or a 'Bucket List'. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips, study semesters, or outdoor activities.
 
 
My Official Start Date: January 01, 2010
My Finish Date: September 28, 2012 (which is weird because that's my 35th birthday)


I'm pretty excited about this.  I think this is a much more realistic way for me to set, and hopefully acheive, some goals for the next couple of years.  I created a profile and started building my list today.  You can find me in the directory as "ducky"  R.H. Ducky from Texas.  I'm not a huge fan of the website setup and I hope they make some changes/improvements...but I'm loving the general idea of this project.  I'll probably mostly use this blog to update and keep track of everything...I'll just have to see which works better for me. 

You should head over and check it out though.  Let me know what you think.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is awesome.

i love some of the things on your list and i cant wait to see you achieve some of them.

Anonymous said...

Freakin' over achiever. Ok, gotta go check your list. xoxo Cousin IT

R.H. Ducky said...

Tammie ~ thanks for the encouragement. I'm sure I'll need lots more in the 1001 days to come.

Cousin It ~ oh yeah, I'm totally the over achiever in our family =P

Raquel's World said...

Wow You are super motivated to make such a list! Good Luck and envy to you.

R.H. Ducky said...

rhonda ~ thank you so much. yeah, the list is a bit daunting...but i'm really going to give it my all. thanks for the well wishes!